Welcome to the Maytham Vascular Website.
Please note that this policy does not apply to Patient Privacy and the protection of Patient Data.
There is a separate document for this which you will find in the patient resources area of this website:
All personal details you provide to us when submitting a contact form or when sending us an email are treated with the strictest of confidence, and will never be shared with third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Maytham Vascular does not use subscription lists of any kind or perform any kind of direct marketing, and we will only use your contact details for responding to you directly when you get in touch with us via any of the methods provided on this website.
Our website uses 2048-bit SSL Encryption to ensure that no personal details you include when submitting a contact form can be read by anyone else.
None of the cookies on our site are used to obtain information that can identify you as an individual, or follow you around when you leave our site.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Maytham Vascular PLC via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Schedule of Cookies); Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK; GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; Maytham Vascular, we or us Maytham Vascular PLC, a company registered in England and Wales with address: C/o Brayne, Williams & Barnard L, Rosemount House, West Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 6LB UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Maytham Vascular PLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Maytham Vascular PLC and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, www.maythamvascular.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Maytham Vascular is the "data controller". This means that Maytham Vascular determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Maytham Vascular, will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, e-mail, contact forms or through any other means;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to the Website content and navigation, and includes the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies"
- We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features. These API keys may include the following third party services:
- Google Maps
- Google reCaptcha
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- to respond to you when you contact us through any of the methods as outlined in the section titled "Data that is given to us by you";
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of our website and business;
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers, and to allow us to answer the questions you may have submitted through our contact form;
- relevant authorities - to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- contact forms are protected by industry standard encryption.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
- We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
- To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
TYPE OF COOKIE PURPOSE Necessary Cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytics Cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality Cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Schedule of Cookies
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Schedule of Cookies
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|COOKIE NAME||DATA STORED||WHEN DOES IT EXPIRE?||DESCRIPTION|
|wordpress_test_cookie||WP+Cookie+check||Session Cookie, deleted when browser is closed||WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.|
|wp-postpass_||WP+Cookie+check||Temporary Cookie, expires after 10 days||WordPress sets this cookie after you have correctly entered the password to access password protected content. If the cookie is not present the content is not available.|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|COOKIE NAME||DATA STORED||WHEN DOES IT EXPIRE?||DESCRIPTION|
|_ga||A random string of letters and numbers||By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics . This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. It can not be used to identify you.|
|_gat||A random string of letters and numbers||1 minute||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It can not be used to identify you.|
|_gid||A random string of letters and numbers||24 hours||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited by a user. It is not used to identify you.|
We use the following functionality cookies:
|COOKIE NAME||DATA STORED||WHEN DOES IT EXPIRE?||DESCRIPTION|
|wordpress_logged_in_xxxxx||Your login details in an encrypted form||Session Cookie, deleted when browser is closed||WordPress uses this cookie to indicate when you’re logged in, and who you are.|
We do not use any personal information provided to us for any purpose other than providing a service to our visitors, and we have your best interests at heart. We do not sell your information to third parties, and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that all information that may be of a personal nature is securely stored.
If you ever have concerns, please get in touch immediately so that we can address them.